The Work Experience Module 5N1356 QQI Level 5 minor award programme aims to provide a learner with the relevant knowledge, skills and competence to prepare for, undertake and evaluate a work placement of no less than 10 days or 60 hours which would take place within their vocational area. An element of supervisory duties must also be incorporated into the work placement.
- Examine work organisations and personal career opportunities in a particular vocational area, to include consideration of work-related issues and needs.
- Analyse key challenges and opportunities facing a particular vocational area.
- Summarise the basic rights and responsibilities of employees and employers in a particular work, organisational or institutional context, to include health, safety and welfare at work, equality legislation, union representation and regulations relating to pay
- Compile a personal and vocational skills audit and career plan for a specific vocational area, to include 2 goals and action points for the period of work experience
- Present relevant work experience material, to include a CV or personal statement, letter of application, evidence of job-finding skills, skills checklist, statement of learning goals, contractual arrangements.
- Participate effectively in work experience, to include observation of good timekeeping, working independently while under general direction, meeting deadlines, personal presentation, communication, adherence to health, safety and other relevant regulations
- Demonstrate effective communications skills in the workplace, to include personal, interpersonal and technological communications skills
- Reflect on workplace experiences, to include feedback by supervisors or mentors on personal performance and challenges such as conflict, criticism, meeting new people and learning in relation to quality management.
- Explore options for future education, training and employment in light of work experience