Today’s workforce is experiencing job burnout and stress in epidemic proportions. Workers at all levels often feel stressed out, insecure, and misunderstood. Many people feel the demands of the workplace, combined with the demands of home and personal life, have become too much to handle. This course explores the causes of such stress and suggests general and specific stress management strategies that people can use every day. Topics covered include how to;
- Understand stress and how stress is a positive, unavoidable part of everybody’s life.
- Recognise the negative symptoms that tell you when you have chronic stress overload.
- Self-assessment and identifying those situations in your life that cause you the greatest stress.
- Identify triggers, actions and behaviours which add to your stress.
- How to build a solid foundation – e.g., understanding and exploring mental strategies, exploring drainers and fillers, change the situations and actions that can be changed, dealing better with situations and actions that can’t be changed.
- Practice Time and Activity management tips
- Creating an action plan for work, home, and play to help reduce and manage stress