This Work Experience QQI Minor Level 6 Award aims to provide a learner with the relevant knowledge, skills and competence to prepare for, undertake and evaluate a work placement of no less than 10 days or 60 hours which would take place within their vocational area. An element of supervisory duties must also be incorporated into the work placement. On completion learners will be able to;
- Analyse work-related issues and trends in a chosen public, private or voluntary area of work
- Demonstrate understanding of the up-to-date theoretical and or technical knowledge underpinning practice in a particular area of work
- Research the rights and responsibilities of employees and employers in the particular work context, to include health, safety and welfare at work, equality legislation, union representation and regulations relating to pay and confidentiality
- Reflect on challenges and opportunities in the chosen public, private or voluntary sector globally and nationally, to include the impact of challenges and opportunities on personal career choice and direction
- Utilise effective written and interpersonal communication skills, drawing on appropriate communication technologies, to include a CV, letter of application, evidence of job-finding skills and skills checklist
- Present a detailed personal skills audit and career plan for a specific vocational area, to include personal goals and action points, development opportunities and career paths
- Demonstrate supervisory skills and capacities, to include the skills and qualities required for a particular post in the public, private or voluntary sector
- Investigate options for future education, training and employment in light of work experience.
There are no reviews yet.