The Assessment Practice (6N2228) course is a QQI Level 6 minor award which aims to provide the learner with the relevant knowledge, skills and competencies to conduct assessments in many areas of Quality Assurance Frameworks.
On conclusion, the learner will be able to understand the requirements of certifying bodies and understand a range of tools used for assessment.
This course is an excellent addition for learners who have completed the QQI Special Purpose Certificate in Training and Development (6S3372) and need to explore further the role of assessment in evaluation for individuals and organisations.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Define the terms standard, assessment and certification
- Explain the purpose and key principles of assessment
- Examine the role of the assessor in relation to planning, collecting, judging and deciding within the assessment process
- Outline the role of QQI within the context of the national framework of qualifications
- Demonstrate an awareness of disability issues e.g. learning disability, mental health, physical and sensorial disability, legislation
- Discuss the significance of marking and grading
- Understand the role of the Internal Verifier and External Authenticator in maintaining quality assurance within the assessment process
- Explore a range of assessment accommodations eg. scribe, extra time, reader, assistive technology etc
- Analyse appropriate assessment techniques including collection of work, assignment, skills demonstration, examination, project and learner record
- List a range of sources of evidence and evaluate the different forms of presenting candidate evidence eg. written, oral, visual or multimedia
- Develop an assessment brief
- Develop an assessment plan to include the assessment techniques, environment, timeframe and standards as specified by the awarding body
- Plan for the monitoring visit according to the awarding body guidelines
- Assess your organisations approach to accommodating diversity in the assessment process
- Demonstrate the communication of the assessment plan to the candidate
- Demonstrate the use of observational skills to assess candidate’s ability to meet the specified standard
- Demonstrate the provision of constructive feedback in relation to assessment decisions
- Demonstrate the recording of the assessment decision using the appropriate awarding body documentation
- Demonstrate the storage of assessment materials in a secure location
- Compile the relevant documentation for registration and certification.