The QQI Level 5 Business Administration (5M1610) minor award programme is designed to give participants the knowledge, skills and competence in understanding businesses in general. The structure, requirements, departments and success criteria of the business or organisation are examined as part of the course, which defines how they operate efficiently. The importance of understanding all elements involved in the business and to be able to succinctly present the administration requirements needed within that structure are also investigated as part of this programme. Successful completion of this course will help learners to support the organisation and allow them to be more effective and efficient in their daily operations under supervision in a variety of administration contexts.
- Identify features of different types of business organisations
- Explain a range of organisational structures, to include, hierarchical and flat structures
- Explore the different types of departments within an organsation, the cooperation between internal departments and the impact of the external environment on the business organisation
- Analyse the impact of the external environment on a business
- Identify the main functions of management and the role and impact of Human Resource management in an organisation
- Examine a range of recruitment options for selecting and appointing staff and current employment rights legislation as it pertains to the staff selection and appointment
- Explain the need for quality, the role of quality systems, the various techniques and processes which are used to ensure quality in different types of organisations, to include manufacturing and service focused organisations, and quality accreditations available
- Explore sources of finance for a business, distinguishing between long, medium and short term finance and the need for and types of financial controls, to include cash flow
- Examine different types of meetings held within an organisation, the function and role the meetings and the associate documentation
- Examine the insurance requirements of a business organisation, identifying appropriate insurance for different types of risk
- Implement and adhere to an organisations systems and procedures, to include, quality management and or control systems, financial controls, employee procedures and health and safety
- Complete a range of documentation necessary for the effective function of meetings within an organisation, to include agendas, meeting notes and minutes
- Maintain a range of documents pertaining to human resources management and employees within an organisation, to include, employment contracts, attendance records and personnel files
- Process a range of business documentation to ensure effective implementation of an organisations financial and or quality systems and procedures
- Use a range of hardware and software to provide administrative support
- Carry out a range of administrative functions to support the effective implementation of organisational management systems and procedures.
There are no reviews yet.